DecomWind platform for decommissioning
Belgium has almost 1,500 onshore and offshore wind turbines and there is an increasing potential in order to reach the Belgian climate and energy objectives. Most of these wind turbines are designed and certified for a service life of 20–25 years.
Today, it is our challenge to decommission the older wind turbines in a professional and sustainable way: refurbishment, re-use or recycle in a cost-efficient way, will be some of the choices to be made.
Therefore, the Port Oostende and REBO NV have taken the initiative to launch a platform where the competences and expertise in Belgium are gathered in order to handle this challenge.
Who we are
DecomWind is a group of partners – enterprises, sector organisations, research centers and public authorities – that share experiences, knowledge and competencies concerning professional solutions for the refurbishment, re-use or recycling of onshore and offshore wind turbines.
Collecting experience, exchanging knowledge and providing professional information to all stakeholders active in the onshore and offshore wind sectors in order to create a professional platform for refurbishment, re-use and recycling of end-of-life wind turbines with particular attention for integrity, in-depth analysis and innovation.
Turning the complex decommissioning activities into a truly circular economy to ensure a sustainable future for the wind energy, thereby improving the social, economic and environmental well-being of our community.
What we do
Port Oostende and REBO nv created the platform DecomWind to bring together those partners, who are willing to share knowledge, competences and experiences to handle the decommissioning of end-of-life wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Partners of this platform can be industries, sector organizations, research centers or public authorities.
The DecomWind platform organizes webinars, workshops, dedicated presentations and seminars to bring all interested parties together.
The focus of the different events is:
- Infrastructure – dedicated sites in Flanders and Wallonia
- Inventory – market & volumes
- Legal framework offshore and onshore
- Actual and future Decom-techniques for the different components with a special focus on the blades
- Port accessibility
- Recycling loop
- End users
DecomWind will also participate at different local and international events where decommissioning is a mayor topic.
We will inform our members about our participation at such events during our activities or by newsletters.
- your company/research centre is active on the Belgian market (onshore/offshore wind);
- you are interested in topics related to the decommissioning of offshore and onshore wind turbines and additional matters such as foundations, OHVS cables, etc;
- you are willing to share your experience or enter this new market;
- you want to actively participate in our workshops & seminars;
- you want to meet and to network with other persons interested in decommissioning.
…you are most welcome to join our DecomWind platform!
Please complete the form and support the DecomWind platform. You will be invited to our various workshops and activities which are all free of charge. We will promote your support with your company logo and link.
For other questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.