The project's overall objective is to improve innovation capacity of SMEs and to facilitate access to the OWI by creating the appropriate supportive conditions.
The offshore wind industry (OWI) is an important stimulator for economic development in the NSR and consists of a high percentage of SMEs that are located in clusters around the NSR. These SMEs are challenged by disadvantages of size, complex procurements, high costs and insufficient understanding of the (global) market for their services. They can address this by collaborating on a regional, sectoral and transnational level. Preparatory work from previous projects has paved the way and now allows the partnership to deliver focused support to SMEs. This is the first time that the NSR regional clusters and other supporting organisations in the OWI will work this closely together on the shared goal of bringing their SMEs across the borders to engage them in innovative business collaborations.The project's overall objective is to improve innovation capacity of SMEs and to facilitate access to the OWI by creating the appropriate supportive conditions.
More specifically the project aims to:
- Connect and strengthen regional OWI clusters of SMEs by supporting SMEs to enter new transnational markets and by developing transnational SME collaboration
- Developing innovative concepts of harbour logistics and test facilities for SMEs in the OWI
- Improve the workforce for SMEs in the OWI
We will achieve this in cooperation with SMEs by identifying cross-border business collaboration opportunities, by supporting SME innovation capacity and by developing SME focused MBA-level courses and facilities.
Added value for Port Oostende
- Development of the maritime offshore infrastructure
- Improvement of the cost-effectiveness of the offshore maintenance operations in cooperation with other ports and SMEs
Other partners: Inn2POWER is a project which joins forces of 11 partners over 5 North Sea Region countries:
- Hochschule Bremerhaven
- NOM Noordelijke Ontwikkelingsmaatschappij
- Provincie Groningen
- EASV Erhvervs Akademi Sydvest
- Kent County Council